Welcome to Greater Manchester Riding for the Disabled (GMRDA)
Greater Manchester Riding for the Disabled Group is registered charity and voluntary organisation which provides opportunities for anyone with a disability to enjoy safe, healthy stimulating, therapeutic, horse-related activities in a safe environment.
Through the commitment of volunteers, GMRDA enables people with disabilities to horse ride, and have involvement in equine activities, to benefit their health and wellbeing and to achieve their goals
1. RDA is a community of voluntary groups working together to provide a high-quality service for the benefit of riders, carriage drivers and vaulters.
2. RDA values the input of people at all levels and is positive about their achievements – whether as a rider/driver or as a volunteer.
3. RDA emphasises the importance of training and achievement – both for riders/drivers and for volunteers.
4. RDA values the input of riders and drivers in deciding its future.
5. RDA is accessible to all – whether as a rider/driver or as a volunteer.
6. RDA is professionally run, communicates openly at all levels and is financially transparent.
Information about GMRDA:
We hire the horses and facilities of Wythenshawe Park Riding Stables and have 4 horses approved for RDA use at this time.
Riding lessons are offered for adults and children aged 4+ in our outdoor ménage with the opportunity to gain certificates and badges in horse and stable management. Riders also get the opportunity to ride off road in the beautiful grounds of Wythenshawe Park.
We are a registered RDA endurance group, affiliated with Endurance GB, offering short and long distance opportunities for the more competitive rider.
Teaching is provided by qualified instructors and our volunteers are trained in horse and rider care and safety.
If you are interested in riding with GMRDA please click here
If you are interested in volunteering with GMRDA please click here
Alternatively you can telephone us on 07907 897 774
Charity number: 1120953